Tie together everything you have learned in the diploma program and explore emerging issues that will impact the horticultural sector.
Examine advanced topics such as the impacts of climate change and increasing urbanization on the environment. Discuss the role of the horticultural industry in supporting the renewal and development of resilient and sustainable communities and take advantage of an opportunity to develop a unique project of your own—aligned to your personal and professional goals, and the further development of your skills.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Discuss the concepts of climate change, sustainability, urban intensification and soil conservation
- Investigate the impact of horticultural industry practices on the environment and recommend strategies that contribute to practical solutions
- Debate the impacts of human activity on ecosystem health and discuss how the management of horticultural projects can contribute to healthier environments
- Research and compare trends and innovative practices being used in the horticultural sector that address economic, social and environmental sustainability
- Network effectively within the horticulture industry
- Identify opportunities for ongoing professional development
- Climate Change and Sustainability
- Plant Adaptation and the Environment
- Soil Health and Management
- Food Security
- Seed Saving
- Land Restoration
- A Case for Wonder
- Trends in Horticulture
- Horticultural Communications
- Progressing the Practice
- Capstone Project Debrief
- This course is intended for adult learners who are at least 18 years of age.
- You can expect to spend 8 - 12 hours per week to complete the course content, readings, activities, discussions and assignments.
- You must complete a minimum of seven courses before you register in the capstone. Students complete this course after you have completed the foundational and elective courses in the Horticulture Diploma.
- There is an application process to register for this course.
Please note that the course assessment is subject to change.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Horticulture Diploma : Required Courses
*Course details are subject to change.