3101005 - Business Principles in Horticulture
Evaluate your strengths and skills, define your goals, and develop a realistic plan to enhance your business, work performance, and career opportunities.
Through the introduction of key business management principles, you will develop professionalism and learn how to pursue your entrepreneurial or employment goals in the landscape design and horticulture fields. A thorough overview of business planning and management will teach you how to use financial forecasting and market research to make strategic decisions.
Emphasis will be placed on communication development, teamwork, and problem-solving skills necessary to succeed in the sector.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Apply key business management principles to a horticultural business venture
- Explain the fundamental business procedures used for marketing, finance, and human resources in the horticulture industry
- Prepare a financial plan for a small business in the horticulture industry
- Use professional business communication to respond to client needs
- Discuss business strategies used by successful entrepreneurs in small horticultural business ventures
- Create a business plan reflective of your horticultural business aspirations
- Identify opportunities for ongoing personal and professional development in the horticulture industry
- You as an Entrepreneur
- Representing You Inc.
- Goal Setting
- Business Models
- Good and Services
- Customers and Consumers
- Financial Management
- You as an Employer
- Business Communication
- Business Plans
- Planning for the Future
- This course is intended for adult learners who are at least 18 years of age.
- There are no prerequisites for this course.
- You can expect to spend 8 to 12 hours per week to complete the course content, readings, activities, discussions and assignments.
Business Management in Horticulture is a required course in the Landscape Design and Horticulture Diplomas.
Do not enrol in this course if you have successfully completed Business Management Principles (310-0014).
Please note that the course assessment is subject to change.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Horticulture Diploma : Required Courses
- Landscape Design Diploma : Required Courses
- Sustainable Urban Agriculture Certificate : Electives
- Sustainable Urban Horticulture Certificate : Required Courses
You are responsible for ensuring that your computer system meets the necessary system requirements. Use the browser check tool to ensure your browser settings are compatible and up to date (results will be displayed in a new browser window).
*Course details are subject to change.