Learn the entire process of cannabis production from seed, clone, or transplant to harvest and handling of the final product. Gain essential management techniques and develop a solid understanding of the best practices for commercial production.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Discuss the role cannabis has played in society, specifically relating to its medical benefits, alternative uses, and economic value
- Recall basic cannabis taxonomy and identify morphological differences between varieties
- Summarize the cannabis life cycle and recall procedures for propagating new plants
- Design a production method for commercial cannabis, including lighting, irrigation, nutrient management, and growing media
- Discuss common cannabis production methods, including integrated pest management, trimming, curing, and post-harvest procedures
- Identify common pest, disease, and nutrient issues on cannabis plants and select appropriate remediation actions
- Compare and contrast different cannabis cultivation techniques and facilities
- Cannabis and Society
- Cannabis Botany
- Cannabis Taxonomy
- Production Facilities
- Growing Media
- Integrated Pest Management
- Plant Health
- Production Practices
- Post-harvest Processes
With the legalization of cannabis in Canada for medicinal and recreational use, there will be an increased demand for professional workers trained in cannabis production techniques, operations and quality management. Entry-level workers could work with cannabis producers in roles such as:
- Quality Assurance Associate
- Production Technician
- Cultivation Technician
- Grower/Master Grower
- Processing Technician
- Packing Technician
- Customer Service Representative
- Retail Store Manager
- This course is intended for adult learners who are at least 18 years of age.
- There are no pre-requisites for this course
- You can expect to spend 8 – 12 hours per week to complete the course content, readings, activities, discussions and assignments.
Cannabis Production and Cannabis Regulations and Quality Management complete an area of focus in Cannabis Production
AssessmentStudents are required to complete online quizzes and submit assignments throughout the course.
*Course details are subject to change.