Delve into the history, regulations, management challenges and emerging techniques of producing commercial cannabis. All aspects of quality control will be discussed including strategies to comply with government regulations. You will explore production practices and discuss the application of current regulations to promote best practices in growing a quality product.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify key rules and regulations including the process of applying for a producer license and compliance procedures
- Interpret standard operating procedures (SOPs) and relate these SOP’s to the maintenance of product quality and consistency
- Develop production protocols and records and discuss the challenges with maintaining these protocols in real life
- Define tasks in the growing process—including seeding, cloning, transplanting, feeding plants, defoliation, super cropping, topping, flushing, foliar sprays, and waste disposal to establish a workflow and document the steps for developing an SOP
- Compare and contrast new techniques in the production of cannabis and discuss the application to growing quality products
- This course is intended for adult learners who are at least 18 years of age.
- You can expect to spend 8-12 hours per week to complete the course content, readings, activities, discussions and assignments.
- Before registering in this course, we recommend you complete Cannabis Production (3101020), or another course on growing plants.
Cannabis Production and Cannabis Regulations and Quality Assurance complete an area of focus in Cannabis Production.
AssessmentStudents are required to complete online quizzes and submit assignments throughout the course.
*Course details are subject to change.