Human resources are the most important assets in organizations today. Gain an overview of the theory and practice of the human resources (HR) management function in an organization. Examine HR management and issues from the perspective of an organization (employer) as well as from the viewpoint of HR professionals, managers, supervisors, and employees of an organization.
This is the introductory course in the Diploma in Human Resources Management and is recommended to be completed early in the course of study.
Well-suited participants of this course include those working towards the Diploma in Human Resources Management or CHRP professional designation, and people working in or who wish to work in human resources management.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the theories and concepts of HR management in a wide variety of organizations and sectors
- Describe organizational processes and structures that comprise HR functions—such as strategic planning, job analysis and design, recruitment and selection, performance management, orientation and training, health and safety, labour relations, compensation and benefits, legal compliance, diversity, and the strategic role of HR in an organization
- Evaluate the role of HR professionals in developing organizational strategy and policies, leadership development, organizational learning, creativity and innovation
- Examine and evaluate the values required for ethical decision-making relating to HR practices
- Demonstrate the ability to apply HR theory in resolving typical organizational problems
- Designing and Analyzing Jobs
- Human Resources Planning
- Recruitment and Selection
- Orientation and Training
- Career Development
- Performance Management and Strategic Pay Plans
- Employee Benefits and Services
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Labour Relations
- Managing Human Resources in a Global Business
Job Market Overview
Please note that the course assessment is subject to change.
This course is offered in the Fall Semester.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Diploma in Human Resources Management : Required Courses
*Course details are subject to change.