This course introduces the strategic planning role that Human Resources Professionals contribute to organizations with an emphasis on Human Resources Planning (HRP). Students will examine the challenges and demands of organizational and technological change, corporate positioning, cost containment, benchmarking, productivity improvements, forecasting, and other considerations of Human Resources Management. An understanding of the fundamentals and essential elements of HRP process in organizations will be provided. Students will acquire knowledge about analysis, assessment, and programming related to Human Resources in organizational development, business, and strategic planning. The theory about quantitative methods as well as qualitative concepts, approaches and techniques will be explored.
By the end of the course, the learner should be able to:
- Describe the economy and legislation that affect the direction of Human Resources Planning strategies that require appropriate and outcome-oriented Human Resources management practices and policies;
- Know and apply a strategic Human Resource plan and make decisions about the allocation of resources for the effective management of people in organizations; and
- Identify and understand the role of a Human Resource professional as a business partner in organizational and functional strategy formulation and implementation.
- Nature, scope, and evolution of human resource planning
- Introducing and implementing a human resource planning process
- Job analysis
- Assessing and forecasting human resource needs
- Performance management
- Succession planning and employee development
- Human resource information systems
Sample CareersHuman Resources Planning Specialist, Human Resources Manager, Human Resources Generalist, Talent Management.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Diploma in Human Resources Management : Required Courses
*Course details are subject to change.