1000004 - Human Resources Planning
Delve into human resources planning (HRP) and examine the strategy of human resources professionals and how they contribute to organizations. Explore the challenges and demands of organizational and technological change, corporate positioning, productivity improvements, and other considerations of human resources management.
An understanding of the fundamental and essential elements of HRP process in organizations will be provided. You will acquire knowledge about analysis, assessment, and programming related to human resources in organizational development, business, and strategic planning.
The theory about quantitative methods as well as qualitative concepts, approaches and techniques will also be covered.
Well-suited participants of this course include those working towards the Diploma in Human Resources Management or CHRP professional designation, and people working in or who wish to work in human resources management.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the economy and legislation that affect the direction of human resources planning strategies that require appropriate and outcome-oriented human resources management practices and policies
- Apply a strategic human resources plan, and make decisions about the allocation of resources for the effective management of people in organizations
- Identify and understand the role of a human resources professional as a business partner in organizational and functional strategy formulation and implementation
- Nature, Scope and Evolution of Human Resources Planning
- Introducing and Implementing a Human Resources Planning Process
- Job Analysis
- Assessing and Forecasting Human Resources Needs
- Performance Management
- Succession Planning and Employee Development
- Human Resources Information Systems
Please note that the course assessment is subject to change.
Note:This course is offered in the Winter Semester.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Diploma in Human Resources Management : Required Courses
You are responsible for ensuring that your computer system meets the necessary system requirements. Use the browser check tool to ensure your browser settings are compatible and up to date (results will be displayed in a new browser window).
*Course details are subject to change.