Examine why people and groups behave a certain way in a work environment, and how factors such as diversity, communication, conflict, leadership, and organizational culture may impact job performance, employee interaction, and engagement.
Study strategies and opportunities to positively influence and manage the work environment.
Well-suited participants of this course include those working towards the Diploma in Human Resources Management or CHRP professional designation, and people working in or who wish to work in human resources management.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain key concepts related to organizational behaviour
- Describe how individual differences—and working in teams or groups—may impact overall organizational performance
- Identify the various theories of motivation and describe how organizational practices and processes impact the level of motivation in the workplace
- Demonstrate enhanced communication skills, through opportunities to provide feedback, present, address conflict, and negotiate
- Explain how the organizational vision can be shared through culture, leadership, and decision-making
- Realize the impact of organizational restructuring and change in behaviour in the workplace
- Group Dynamics and Team Building
- Managing Workforce Diversity
- Management Decision-Making
- Job Design
- Organizational Culture
- Managing Organizational Change
Please note that the course assessment is subject to change.
Note:This course is offered in the Summer Semester.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Diploma in Human Resources Management : Required Courses
*Course details are subject to change.