This course will examine why people and groups behave a certain way in a work environment, and how factors such as values, diversity, motivation, communication, conflict, organizational culture, leadership, decision-making, organizational structure, and change, may impact job performance, employee interaction, and engagement. Strategies and opportunities to positively influence and manage the work environment will be explored.
Those working towards their Diploma in Human Resources Management, CHRP professional designation and people working in or who wish to work in Human Resources Management.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Explain key concepts related to organizational behaviour
- Describe how individual differences, and working in teams/groups, may impact overall organizational performance
- Identify the various theories of motivation and describe how organizational practices and processes impact the level of motivation in the workplace
- Demonstrate enhanced communication skills, through opportunities to provide feedback, present, address conflict, and negotiate
- Explain how the organizational vision can be shared through culture, leadership, and decision making
- Realize the impact of organizational restructuring and change on behaviours in the workplace
- Group dynamics and team building
- Managing workforce diversity
- Management decision-making
- Job design
- Organizational culture
- Managing organizational change
Human Resources Manager, Human Resources Consultant, Organizational Development Consultant, Change Management Consultant
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Diploma in Human Resources Management : Required Courses
*Course details are subject to change.