1000015 - Training and Development
Gain an understanding of the processes used to assess training needs, design and administer training and development programs, and evaluate the effectiveness of such programs. Establish a comprehensive understanding of how the training and development function fits into both the overall mandate of human resources management and the larger environmental and organizational contexts.
Become proficient in determining training and development needs, and designing, delivering and evaluating of the effectiveness of training and development programs.
Well-suited participants of this course include those working towards the Diploma in Human Resources Management or CHRP professional designation, and people working in or who wish to work in human resources or training and development.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the theories and concepts of training and development in large and small Canadian organizations, unionized and non-unionized workplaces, and private, public and non-profit sectors
- Define terms and describe practices that ensure the training and development function adds value to the organization—such as the role of training and development in human resources management, principles of adult learning, instructional methods and techniques, and special needs training
- Implement various learning models, methods and techniques to ensure transfer of learning among individuals and teams, employee development, and knowledge creation in the organization
- Training and Development Process
- Organizational Learning
- Adult Learning Theory
- Needs Analysis
- Training Methods
- Instructional Design
- Learning Transference
- Accelerated Learning
Please note that the course assessment is subject to change.
Note:This course is offered in the Winter Semester.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Diploma in Human Resources Management : Required Courses
You are responsible for ensuring that your computer system meets the necessary system requirements. Use the browser check tool to ensure your browser settings are compatible and up to date (results will be displayed in a new browser window).
*Course details are subject to change.