This course is part of the Certificate in Pupil Transportation Management (Pupil). This course will provide participants with the necessary skills and knowledge required for conducting effective negotiations and contract administration. In the first half of the course, participants will learn about basic strategies, tactics and behavioural rules used in the negotiation process, as it relates to bus operator contracts and business staff-board collective agreements. The second half the course will provide an overview of how to effectively administer a business staff-board collective agreement.
The course topics include:
- Contract Administration, Contract and Common Law
- Negotiation and Mediation
- Problem Solving, Conflict Resolution and Reaching Agreements
- Investigating and Handling Complaints & Grievances
- Communication and Active Listening
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Pupil Transportation Management : Required Courses
*Course details are subject to change.