The pupil transportation sector is a unique mix of public and private entities working together to provide reliable, safe service experiences for more than 800,000 students daily in Ontario alone. Advances in technology have provided opportunities for improved system efficiencies; however, the importance of maintaining a keen focus on customer service has never been more important.
Examine the customer within the pupil transportation sector and explore elements, trends and issues that impact the customer service experience.
Gain insight into how customer centric organizations can leverage employee engagement, relationship management, technology, diversity, and issue management strategies to drive continuous improvement that supports service excellence and creates a strong customer service and community relations culture.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of pupil transportation markets, its stakeholders, and the relationships as they relate to customer service
- Identify pupil transportation customers, community stakeholders and explain how they require and experience customer service differently and incorporate this learning into customer service and community relations practices
- Recognize and describe the impacts of policy, procedure, technology and safety on the planning and delivery of pupil transportation customer service
- Understand the importance and apply the aspects of multiculturalism, diversity, and inclusion into customer service and community relations programs
- Explain the importance of customer-centric service and the relationship between a customer-centric organization and the provision of service
- Identify current pupil transportation service challenges and their impacts on customers and community stakeholders
- Recognize and describe the impact of customer-centric customer service on brand, image, reputation, and community relations
- Develop and implement strategies and tactics to navigate pupil transportation service conflicts with customers effectively
- Quality Service
- Building Individual Service Skills
- Customer Feedback
- Handling Difficult Situations
- Internal Customer Service
- Meeting Needs of All Customers
- Role of Supervisor/Manager
- Role of Organization
Job Market Overview
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Pupil Transportation Management : Required Courses
*Course details are subject to change.