Changing expectations, the focus on quality and the emergence of service oriented businesses have created new definitions of what constitutes quality service. Even organizations which have traditionally provided good service are finding they must rethink their approach based on changing isues and definitions. This course explores the current issues impacting customer service and community relations, specifically as it relates to the pupil transportation sector and field. It also provides students with an opportunity to enhance their skills and knowledge in order to improve their personal and organizational customer service policies and approaches, as well as their strategies for building and maintaining effective community relations. Students will assess their organization’s service levels and develop a customer service improvement initiative.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Examine and adapt to contemporary trends in customers and customer service, building a "Customer Community"
- Recognize the impact of strong customer service on brand, image, reputation, and community relations
- Identify how different generations require and experience different customer service delivery models and incorporate this learning into customer service and community relations practice
- Utilize a variety of customer needs assessment tools (e.g., surveys, focus groups, interviews)
- Integrate the impacts of multiculturalism, privacy, diversity, and inclusion into customer service and community relations programs
- Explore and implement effective staff training and engagement initiatives that engender positive customer service and community relations
- Create, develop, and implement effective customer service and community relations plans.
The course topics includes:
- Quality Service
- Building Individual Service Skills
- Customer Feedback
- Handling Difficult Situations
- Internal Customer Service
- Meeting Needs of All Customers
- Role of Supervisor/Manager
- Role of Organization
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Pupil Transportation Management : Required Courses