2010006 - Customer Service and Community Relations
The pupil transportation sector is a unique mix of public and private entities working together to provide reliable, safe service experiences for more than 800,000 students daily in Ontario alone. Advances in technology have provided opportunities for improved system efficiencies; however, the importance of maintaining a keen focus on customer service has never been more important.
Examine the customer within the pupil transportation sector and explore elements, trends and issues that impact the customer service experience.
Gain insight into how customer centric organizations can leverage employee engagement, relationship management, technology, diversity, and issue management strategies to drive continuous improvement that supports service excellence and creates a strong customer service and community relations culture.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Examine and adapt to contemporary trends in customers and customer service, building a "Customer Community"
- Recognize the impact of strong customer service on brand, image, reputation, and community relations
- Identify how different generations require and experience different customer service delivery models and incorporate this learning into customer service and community relations practice
- Utilize a variety of customer needs assessment tools (e.g., surveys, focus groups, interviews)
- Integrate the impacts of multiculturalism, privacy, diversity, and inclusion into customer service and community relations programs
- Explore and implement effective staff training and engagement initiatives that engender positive customer service and community relations
- Create, develop, and implement effective customer service and community relations plans
- Quality Service
- Building Individual Service Skills
- Customer Feedback
- Handling Difficult Situations
- Internal Customer Service
- Meeting Needs of All Customers
- Role of Supervisor/Manager
- Role of Organization
Job Market Overview
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Pupil Transportation Management : Required Courses
You are responsible for ensuring that your computer system meets the necessary system requirements. Use the browser check tool to ensure your browser settings are compatible and up to date (results will be displayed in a new browser window).
*Course details are subject to change.