Utilize the strategies, tools and techniques that streamline the complexities of the contract management process, while learning how to minimize risk and maximize the results.
Delve into the various stages of contract management—from development to dissolution—and explore the considerations and key supplier/vendor activities at each stage and examine the essential components and formal requirements of a valid contract, and how to accurately interpret terms and clauses.
Gain the strategies and tools for performance management, alternative dispute resolution, and the mitigation and management of contractual risks.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the essential components and formal requirements of a valid contract
- Interpret written contract terms and important clauses
- Identify risks that may exist within a contract and strategies available to mitigate when risks occur or are anticipated—such as non-compliance, contract breach, protest, sureties, SLA’s, termination, etc.
- Understand the key activities of supplier/vendor relationship management over the life cycle of a contract— including non-compliance, non-performance, performance/compliance evaluation and supplier/owner responsibility
- Demonstrate an understanding of alternative dispute resolution and the strategies to seek resolution for contractor non-compliance
- Pre-Contract Phase
- Writing a Contract
- Contract Executions
- Managing the Contract
- Contract Revisions
- Contract Audits
- Contract Renewals
- Continuous Improvement
Job Market Overview
Please note that the course assessment is subject to change.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Supply Chain Management for Public Procurement : Required Courses
*Course details are subject to change.