The Introduction to School Board Administration course will cover a broad range of business practices to enhance executive management and leaderships skills for success in the school board business environment. This course examines the roles, responsibilities, connections and impact of business operations. While the course focuses on an Ontario-based context, the concepts, practices and strategies can be applied to other jurisdictions. This course is designed for School Board Professionals to enhance the skills and knowledge to build leadership capacity within the school board environment.
- Identify the factors that influence the organizational structures of school boards across the province of Ontario.
- Examine the roles, responsibilities and relationships of business professionals within the school board environment
- Identify how the work of business departments directly supports and impacts on student success, staff effectiveness, and community confidence
- Evaluate the impact of organizational culture on business operations in the school board environment
- Apply frameworks and strategies for conflict resolution within the school board environment.
- Propose innovative customer service strategies that can enhance the responsiveness of business departments within the school board environment
- Develop communication, collaboration and presentation skills to effectively engage, persuade and response to people in diverse roles and locations.
- Roles, responsibilities, relationships and organizational structures in School Board Administration
- Centralized versus de-centralized board offices organizations and functions.
- The role of legislation and policy in defining responsibilities of business professionals in school board administration.
- The Impact of Corporate Departments on Student Achievement and Staff Effectiveness
- The Importance of Culture on Corporate Department Effectiveness
- Problem-solving and Conflict Resolution
- Frameworks and Strategies to use at the institutional level.
- How to build a support environment?
- Creating a Culture of Customer Service
|Assignment 1||Roles and Responsibilities of Business Officials (Group)||25%|
|Assignment 2||Conflict Resolution||25%|
|Assignment 3||Customer Service (Group)||25%|
This course is designed for Ontario School Board professionals in order to provide the skills and knowledge necessary to build leadership capacity within the school board environment.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Diploma in School Board Administration : Required Courses