The Financing of Education in Ontario course provides a solid understanding of funding models and management of finances to create efficiencies and effectiveness in school board financial operations.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the fundamentals of education funding in Ontario
- Explain the development of the annual Grant for Student Needs funding model and its implications for school boards
- Discuss the current issues in education finance and implications for school boards
- Develop a framework for the assessment of strategic planning initiatives
- Illustrate and apply fiscal leadership qualities to support the school board's program initiatives as well as finance operations
- Public Investment in Education
- Grant for Student Needs Funding Mode, Ministry of Education Funding
- Ministry Grants Using the Education Finance Funding Model (EFIS)
- Significant Issues in Education
- Strategy and Budgeting
- Effective Fiscal Management
The course is offered jointly by the Ontario Association of School Business Officials (OASBO) and the University of Guelph, Open Learning and Educational Support (OpenEd).
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Diploma in School Board Administration : Required Courses