2010603 - Leadership and Ethics
Examine major themes and concepts related to leadership and ethics within the context of school board administration. Research on emotional intelligence, effective leadership styles and methods, and change management processes will be studied. During the course, you will also be introduced to various frameworks and tests for ethical decision-making, as well as mechanisms and processes that promote high professional and ethical standards within the school board environment. Application of learning in all these themes will be emphasized in each unit.
Ultimately the goal of this course is to assist leaders in school board administration in answering the question: How can I lead effectively and ethically within the school board environment?
Designed for Ontario school board professionals, this course provides the skills and knowledge necessary to build leadership capacity within the school board environment.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the connection between emotional intelligence and effective leadership
- Reflect on and analyze your emotional intelligence skills through completion of the Emotional Quotient Inventory
- Evaluate the impact of utilizing complementary EI skills and flexible leadership styles
- Apply strategies for effective change management within the school board environment
- Examine reasons for resistance to change and propose strategies to effectively manage resistance
- Describe and apply ethical frameworks and tests that can be used to guide decision-making and behavior within the school board environment
- Explain the importance of leadership, culture, mechanisms and processes to promote high professional and ethical standards within the school board environment
- Emotional Intelligence and Effective Leadership
- Leadership and Management Theory
- Change Management
- Ethical Frameworks
- Ethics in the Public Sector
|Assignment 1: Reflections on Emotional Intelligence and Effective Leadership||25%|
|Assignment 2: Change Management||25%|
|Assignment 3: Ethical Dilemmas in School Boards||25%|
Please note that the course assessment is subject to change.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Diploma in School Board Administration : Required Courses
You are responsible for ensuring that your computer system meets the necessary system requirements. Use the browser check tool to ensure your browser settings are compatible and up to date (results will be displayed in a new browser window).
*Course details are subject to change.