Human resource issues can be some of the more complex challenges that participants will face on a day-to-day basis. This course provides students with information (e.g., labour and management legislation) and skills needed to successfully address human resource issues that affect employees in a facilities operations, construction, and maintenance environment.
By the end of the course, the learner should be able to:
- Describe labour and employment law as it relates to employment relationships in Facilities Management.
- Apply strategies to ensure compliance with applicable collective agreements, legislation and other binding decisions.
- Exercise tactics, techniques and skills in performance management, coaching and counseling.
- Build, engage and motivate teams to desired levels of performance through various strategies.
- Manage team and employee performance.
- Legislation Requirements (e.g., Labour and employment law, employment relationships, compliance with applicable legislation, such as duty to accommodate, equity, diversity in the workplace)
- Labour Relations (e.g., Implications of collective agreements, labour relations processes, collective bargaining, contract negotiations, grievances and arbitrations)
- Managing Performance (e.g., Coaching and performance counselling skills, performance management processes, managing and leading effectively)
- Team Building (e.g., Creating and motivating high performing teams, rewards, recognition, morale)
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Facilities Management : Required Courses
*Course details are subject to change.