2010903 - WSIB Claims Management Strategies
Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) case management is a complex and vital function within the field of disability management.
Develop extensive knowledge of the policies and procedures for determining initial entitlement in a WSIB claim, and gain skills in caseload management to become equipped at administering and managing WSIB claims from both an employer and employee perspective.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of WSIB legislation and how it relates to the Human Rights Code
- Determine whether an injury or illness is a result of work and reportable under WSIB legislation
- Differentiate the roles and responsibilities of the workplace parties (e.g., employee, employer, union, treating healthcare professionals, WSIB) within WSIB claims management
- Develop an early and safe return to work plan, and/or stay at work accommodation(s)
- Challenge and/or appeal WSIB decisions
- Prepare for and participate in audits, tribunals, and hearings
- Provide recommendations regarding improvements to workplace procedures to reduce WSIB costs
- Legislation Interpretation and Application: WSIB Legislation, Human Rights Code
- WSIB Eligibility, Reporting Obligations, Completing WSIB Forms
- WSIB Claims Management Roles and Responsibilities
- Return to Work and Accommodation: Requirements, Barriers, Best Practices
- Strategies for Best Practice for Claims Management
- WSIB Programs (e.g., POC, MTBI, Specialty Clinics)
- Challenging and/or Appealing WSIB Decisions
- Audits, Tribunals, and Hearings
- Strategies for Improving Workplace Procedures and Controlling Overall WSIB Costs
Job Market Overview
Please note that the course assessment is subject to change.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Disability Management : Required Courses
You are responsible for ensuring that your computer system meets the necessary system requirements. Use the browser check tool to ensure your browser settings are compatible and up to date (results will be displayed in a new browser window).
*Course details are subject to change.