Learn how to form strategic sourcing decisions, utilize various methods of procurement, and manage the competitive bidding process. Throughout the course, you will examine the important factors, considerations and activities at each stage of the process.
Through case studies and discussions, you will gain the knowledge and skills to design, prepare, solicit and evaluate submissions, and navigate complex procurement scenarios.
Upon successful completion of this course you will be able to:
- Analyze markets, suppliers and commodities in order to define strategic planning and sourcing decisions
- Apply various methods of procurement and design, prepare, solicit and facilitate a fair and transparent competitive bid process
- Identify the legal and legislative aspects of sourcing and competitive bidding
- Understand various bid evaluation and selection techniques
- Apply tools that support the fair and transparent assessment of bid submissions
- Legal Aspects of Competitive Bidding
- Market, Suppliers, and Commodity Analysis
- Strategic Planning of Sourcing Decisions
- Specifications and Scope of Work
- Bid Solicitation, Design and Preparation Process (e.g., RFP, RFQ, RFT, RFI, RFEI, RFSQ, VOR, etc.)
- Bid Criteria and Submission
- Sustainability, Green Initiatives and Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED)
- Cooperative Purchasing
Please note that the assessment is subject to change.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Supply Chain Management for Public Procurement : Required Courses