Acquire an in-depth understanding of the strategies and tactics used in negotiation and contract management. Expand your leadership skills and enhance your ability to effectively manage multi-disciplinary evaluation committees, inform strategic planning, and implement change in the area of supply chain management.
This course will help you to build strong negotiation and problem-solving skills and learn to develop creative and mutually beneficial solutions as a supply chain management professional.
On successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of strategy, tactics, and risk in negotiation
- Understand how best to negotiate with various stakeholders, considering possible procurement process limitations
- Understand the importance and review examples of negotiation planning in context of a win/win outcome
- Prepare a negotiation strategy based on a case study or real-life supplier/vendor scenario
- Recognize the various ways to develop and manage effective relationships with external and internal stakeholders
- Explore and demonstrate the importance of sound communication in negotiation and resolution
- Identify and explain models of change, resistance to change, change communication and strategies to overcome stakeholder resistance to change
- Examine the attributes and needs of stakeholders as individuals and teams as they relate to the supply chain management process in the public sector
- Evaluate appropriate leadership styles according to situational context and in relation to the supply chain management process in the public sector
- Explore the methods of alternative dispute resolution (ADR) and demonstrate the ability to use ADR methods in managing protests and disputes
- Fundamentals of Negotiation
- Methods of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
- Managing and Leading with Influence
- Understanding Business and Stakeholders’ Needs
- Working with Evaluators and Evaluation Groups
- Internal Stakeholder Negotiation and Facilitation
- Handling Competitive Bids Debriefing and Protests
- Change Management
|Negotiation Role Playing||20%|
Please note that the course assessment is subject to change.
Supply Chain Management Association Ontario (SCMAO) Exemptions
Those successfully completing this course will receive SCMAO exemptions for the following SCMP program components:
- Interactive Workshop 1: Leadership and Professionalism
- Interactive Workshop 2: Negotiation Skills
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Supply Chain Management for Public Procurement : Required Courses
*Course details are subject to change.