2011002 - Negotiation and Resolution
With the objective to produce collaborative outcomes through win-win negotiations, public sector negotiations are unique among "deals made at the table". Through this collaborative lens, you'll focus on developing skills for effective negotiation and problem-solving that result in mutually beneficial solutions. You will also enhance your applied leadership skills as you prepare to effectively manage multi-disciplinary evaluation committees, inform strategic planning, work effectively with stakeholders, and embrace a client-centric approach in your work.
While more broadly applicable, the course focuses on examples from the public sector—including education and municipal environments. Regardless of the sector you work within, you are invited to apply your knowledge and experience while engaging in the transferable learning experience.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Plan and develop effective negotiation and resolution strategies
- Negotiate with various stakeholders, seeking a win/win outcome and demonstrating an understanding of strategy, tactics, and risk in negotiation
- Review relevant contractual clauses and accurately negotiate business and legal terms
- Effectively utilize methods of alternative dispute resolution (ADR), using ADR methods when managing protests and disputes
- Utilize appropriate leadership styles according to situational context and in relation to the supply chain management process in the public sector
- Develop and manage effective relationships with external and internal stakeholders, including demonstrating sound communication skills in negotiation and resolution
- Fundamentals of Negotiation
- Methods of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
- Managing and Leading with Influence
- Understanding Business and Stakeholders’ Needs
- Working with Evaluators and Evaluation Groups
- Internal Stakeholder Negotiation and Facilitation
- Handling Competitive Bids Debriefing and Protests
- Negotiation of Legal Terms and Conditions
|Assignment #1 (Group): Negotiation Strategies Scenario||15%|
|Assignment #2 (Group): Negotiation Toolkit||15%|
|Assignment #3 (Group): Negotiation Role Play||25%|
Please note that the course assessment is subject to change.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Supply Chain Management for Public Procurement : Required Courses
You are responsible for ensuring that your computer system meets the necessary system requirements. Use the browser check tool to ensure your browser settings are compatible and up to date (results will be displayed in a new browser window).
*Course details are subject to change.