Knowledge mobilization supports the flow of information and knowledge among individuals, groups, and sectors. This course provides an overview of the theories and practices involved in the creation, sharing and uptake of evidence. Participants will learn why and how to enhance awareness of and accessibility to relevant evidence. They will explore the processes of knowledge creation, synthesis, translation, and dissemination, and learn to use different techniques and products to share evidence.
Learning OutcomesUpon successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the processes involved in planning, implementing, and evaluating KMb strategies;
- Assess the quality of evidence from a variety of sources and disciplines;
- Recognize the contexts in which knowledge is created, validated, and used;
- Identify the barriers and enablers to using and sharing evidence in different contexts and among different target audiences;
- Create a KMb plan to inform or raise awareness;
- Create strategies to collect, collate and package evidence in a way that makes it accessible and relevant to users;
- Select appropriate tools and techniques to monitor and evaluate the success of KMb information sharing and awareness-raising efforts.
Knowledge Brokers, Knowledge Mobilization Practitioners
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Knowledge Mobilization : Required Courses