The ultimate objective of knowledge mobilization is to support the transformation of knowledge into action, enabling individual or social innovation and change. This course focuses on the final stage in the KMb continuum, where evidence is transformed into decisions and practices at the system, organization, community and individual level. Participants will learn about KMb tools and techniques that facilitate the implementation of evidence into practice and support target audiences in sustainable change. Finally, they will be introduced to more complex approaches to knowledge production and use, including co-creation, which can enhance the uptake of evidence and favour evidence-informed decisions and practices.
Upon successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Recognize the individual, organizational and system-level barriers to and enablers of evidence-informed action and change;
- Create a KMb action plan to address these barriers and enable sustainable change;
- Apply appropriate products and techniques to facilitate the transformation of evidence into action;
- Select appropriate monitoring and evaluation techniques to assess the impact of KMb processes, including issues of attribution and sustainability;
- Support the generation and implementation of complex KMb strategies, including program-level and organization-level KMb;
- Use tools to support complex models of knowledge production, including ethics approval, collaboration agreements, and shared decision-making structures.
Open Learning and Educational Support
Community Engaged Scholarship Institute
Knowledge Brokers, Knowledge Mobilization Practitioners, Knowledge Transfer and Translation Specialist
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Knowledge Mobilization : Required Courses