The ultimate objective of knowledge mobilization (KMb) is to support the transformation of knowledge into action, enabling individual or social innovation and change.
Focus on the final stage in the KMb continuum, where evidence is transformed into decisions and practices at the system, organization, community and individual level. Learn about KMb tools and techniques that facilitate the implementation of evidence into practice and support target audiences in sustainable change. You will be introduced to more complex approaches to knowledge production and use, including co-creation, which can enhance the uptake of evidence and favour evidence-informed decisions and practices.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize the individual, organizational and system-level barriers to and enablers of evidence-informed action and change
- Create a KMb action plan to address these barriers and enable sustainable change
- Apply appropriate products and techniques to facilitate the transformation of evidence into action
- Select appropriate monitoring and evaluation techniques to assess the impact of KMb processes, including issues of attribution and sustainability
- Support the generation and implementation of complex KMb strategies, including program-level and organization-level KMb
- Use tools to support complex models of knowledge production, including ethics approval, collaboration agreements, and shared decision-making structures
- Introduction to Knowledge Mobilization
- Understanding Individual Behaviour Change
- Organizational Policy and Systems Change
- KMb Methods for Action: Planning, Scaling and Incubation
- Co-production and Engaged Research: Integrated KMb
- Tools and Techniques for Knowledge Co-production and Collaborative Action
- Evaluation Implementation and Impact
- Sustaining KMb Programs and Collaboartions
- knowledge broker, knowledge mobilization practitioner, researcher, policy-maker
|Weekly Unit Discussions||15%|
|K2A Gap Assignment (Creative Destruction of Barriers)||30%|
|KMb Pitch (Overview of Proposed Ideas)||20%|
|Plan for Multi-Layers KMb||35%|
Please note that the course assessment is subject to change.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Knowledge Mobilization : Required Courses
*Course details are subject to change.