This course is a review of the theory, assessment procedures and research findings pertinent to major personality constructs. Personality research, methodology and design will also be covered.
By the end of the course, the learner should be able to:
- Explain the scientific principles associated with the study of personality
- Identify the research methods associated with the study of personality
- Articulate the key concepts of the major theories in the area of personality
- Demonstrate knowledge of how these concept are used in applied settings
- Display an appreciation for the complexity of psychological processes
- Introduction of the study of personality
- Personality Research Methods and Assessment Issues
- Personality Types versus Traits
- Psychodynamic Theory
- Motivational Theory
- Recapitulation: Theory of Technology
- Behavioural Theories
- Cognitive Theories
- Interpersonal Theories
- Personality and Self Concept
- Personality and Health
Prerequisite(s): 1 of PSYC*1000, PSYC*1100, PSYC*1200
Restriction(s): This is a Priority Access Course. Some restrictions may apply during some time periods.
|Discussions (3 x 5% each)||15%|
|Case Study - Group Project||10%|
|Case Study - Individual Paper||20%|
|Online Final Exam||40%|
Additional Technical Requirements
This course will use the following:
- Virtual Classroom is a video conferencing tool used to facilitate synchronous virtual meetings.
Please view the Technical Considerations for each.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Diploma in Human Resources Management : Electives
*Course details are subject to change.