8200031 - Mouse B
This course is the second of the two-step course sequence. It allows the participant to review and practice the skills taught in Mouse A, as well to learn how to humanly perform technical routine procedures that are required for research study. Live animals are used during hands-on training, with practice on cadavers prior to learning how to inject on a live animal. Student must be named on an Animal Utilization Protocol (AUP) to perform injections.
The course consists of:
- Reading material on CourseLink.
- Remote instructions via the virtual presentation session.
- Hands-on practice and technical skills demonstration in lab.
- All individuals who does basic injections on live mice.
- Personnel who will be performing advanced procedures on awake mice.
- Researchers to establish learning activities in their research groups to enhance competency and promote refinement of animal use.
Hands-on practice in proper ways to administer SQ and IP injections, handling and disposal of sharps, needle safety, post procedural monitoring and record keeping.
Online Courselink reading material accessible after 24 hours of registration. This preparatory material must be reviewed prior to attending this session so that the participant is prepared to take a short quiz or be evaluated at the time of the session.
- We kindly ask you to thoroughly answer the questionary during the registration.
- Please ensure you have completed or started the online course “Core Modules, Animal Care”. This course is a prerequisite for being listed on the Animal Utilization Protocol (AUP).
- Complete or register for the Orientation of the facility where you will work.
- Attend the remote instruction session on the date offered here.
- Familiarize with online reading material, which you will find on your CourseLink webpage after 24hr of registration.
1.Compulsory “Core Modules, Animal Care”
2. Facility Orientation
3. Mouse A course.
4. Being named in a protocol-specific procedure (AUP).
You are responsible for ensuring that your computer system meets the necessary system requirements. Use the browser check tool to ensure your browser settings are compatible and up to date (results will be displayed in a new browser window).
*Course details are subject to change.