This course examines the chemistry of the natural environment and the influence of pollutants upon the environment. Topics will include methods of introduction of pollutants to, and removal of pollutants from, the environment. (Also listed as TOX*3360.)
By the end of the course, the learner should be able to:
- Explain causes and implications of current environmental issues.
- Critically evaluate future environmental concerns they might encounter.
- Learn how the universe really works.
- Chemistry and Toxicology Refresher
- The Atmosphere
- The Hydrosphere
- The Geosphere
- The Anthrosphere
|Content Quizzes (9 x 3%)||10%|
|Online Final Exam||35%|
Additional Technical Requirements
This course will use the following:
- Respondus tool to invigilate one or more exams.
- Zoom as a video communication tool. A Webcam, a microphone to record video, and headphones/speakers to play back the recording are also needed.
Please view the Technical Considerations for each.
*Course details are subject to change.