This course introduces to dyadic and small-group communication. The focus is on communication style and effectiveness with attention to verbal and nonverbal communication, listening behaviour and conflict.
Note: This course can be taken individually or as a part of a certificate program.
By the end of the course, the learner should be able to:
- Identify the major concepts and theories in interpersonal communication;
- Demonstrate an increased awareness of communication competence.
- Demonstrate practical skills for effective interpersonal communication in order to improve personal and professional abilities in verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Explain the importance of communication in developing and maintaining good relationships in a range of contexts - at home, work and in one's personal development.
- Foundations of Interpersonal Communication
- Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Interpersonal Communication Relationships
|Assignment 1 - Essay||20%|
|Assignment 2 - Reflective Paper||20%|
|Take-Home Final Exam||30%|
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Communication Process: Bridging Theory and Practice : Required Courses
- Diploma in Human Resources Management : Electives
*Course details are subject to change.