The main theories of leadership will be discussed with exploration of the current literature, practice leadership skills and perform relevant activities in an online environment. Emphasis will be placed on the communication challenges facing leaders in small organizations and the importance of developing a culture of shared leadership.
By the end of the course, the learner should be able to:
- Demonstrate an increased self-awareness;
- Demonstrate an understanding of leadership theories;
- Identify practical leadership skills and the application of them; and
- Demonstrate an awareness of the ethical responsibilities of a leader.
This course is divided into six distinct units covering a range of different topics pertaining to Leadership Development in Small Organizations:
- Unit 01: Human Behaviour, Leadership Theories
- Unit 02: Leadership Styles, Effective Teams, Gender in Leadership
- Unit 03: Organizational Change and Leaders as Changemakers
- Unit 04: Collaborative Leadership
- Unit 05: Motivating Leaders, Whistleblowing
- Unit 06: Authentic Leadership, Empowering Leadership
Course Prerequisite(s): 10.00 credits
Course Restriction(s): REXT*4100
|Online Discussions (5 x 6%)||30%|
Additional Technical Requirements
This course will use the following:
- Respondus tool to invigilate one or more exams.
Please view the Technical Considerations.
*Course details are subject to change.