This course is the capstone course for students completing the Certificate in Leadership. Based on their prior course work and experience in their leadership placements, students will examine the relationships between leadership theory and practice, assess their effectiveness in a leadership role, and develop a personal plan for further developing their leadership skills.
Note: This course can be taken individually or as a part of a certificate program.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Integrate and apply previously learned leadership theories and concepts to real-life and simulated situations and/or persons
- Analyze and critically reflect on your own leadership experiences and expectations
- Develop a leadership action plan to guide your leadership development
- Understand how leaders use leadership theory and research in their leadership practice
- Leadership Theory Practice
- Effective Leadership
- Leadership Development and Skills
Prerequisite(s): (BUS*2010 or HROB*2010) plus 120 hours of placement experience.
Equate(s): BUS*4010, UNIV*4000
Restriction(s): Instructor consent required
|Leadership Action Plan||50%|
|TED Talk Video Quizzes (5 x 2.5%)||12.5%|
|Participation (3 x 12.5% each)||37.5%|
Note: There is no final exam for this course.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Leadership : Required Courses
*Course details are subject to change.