This course is the capstone course for students completing the Certificate in Leadership. Based on their prior course work and experience in their leadership placements, students will examine the relationships between leadership theory and practice, assess their effectiveness in a leadership role, and develop a personal plan for further developing their leadership skills.
Note: This course can be taken individually or as a part of a certificate program.
By the end of this course, the learner should be able to:
1. Integrate and apply previously learned leadership theories and concepts to real-life and simulated situations and/or persons;
2. Analyse and critically reflect on your own leadership experiences and expectations; and
3. Develop a leadership action plan to guide your leadership development over the next two years.
4. Understand how leaders use leadership theory and research in their leadership practice.
- Leadership theory and practice
- Effective leadership
- Leadership development and skills
Prerequisite(s): (BUS*2010 or HROB*2010) plus 120 hours of placement experience.
Equate(s): BUS*4010, UNIV*4000
Restriction(s): Instructor consent required
|Assessment Item||Weight||Learning Outcomes|
|Leardership Action Plan||50%||2, 3|
|TED Talk Video Quizzes (5 x 2.5%)||12.5%||4|
|Participation (3 x 12.5% each)||37.5%||1, 2|
Note: There is no final exam for this course.
Additional Technical Requirements
This course will use the following:
- Zoom as a video communication tool. A Webcam, a microphone to record video, and headphones/speakers to play back the recording are also needed.
Please view the Technical Considerations for each.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Leadership : Required Courses
*Course details are subject to change.