A beginning course in Italian providing the fundamentals of grammar, structure and idiom. Introduction to aspects of Italian life and culture through audio-visual aids. (This course may not be taken by students who have credit for 12U Italian or equivalent.)
By the end of the course, the learner should be able to:
- Recognize basic spoken Italian;
- Communicate in basic Italian using familiar everyday expressions related to practical needs;
- Introduce yourself in Italian;
- Interpret simple sentences and expressions written in Italian; and
- Write simple sentences in Italian.
- Introduction and Pronunciation
- Nouns and articles
- Buono e bello
- Quanto? Quale?
- Verbi in – are
- Verbi in – ere e – ire
- Molto, poco, troppo
- Sapere e conoscere
- Pronomi diretti
- Passato prossimo
Restriction(s): Not available to students who have credit for 4U Italian or equivalent.
|Assessment Items||Weight||Learning Resources|
|eSam Online Exercises (6 x 5%)||30%||1, 2, 3, 4 and 5|
|Short Reflection (10 x 0.5%)||5%||2 and 4|
|Mini-Assignments (5 x 3%)||15%||1, 2, 3, 4 and 5|
|Online Final Exam||50%||1, 2, 3, 4 and 5|
|Total||100%||1, 2, 3, 4 and 5|
Additional Technical Requirements
This course will use the following:
- TopHat is a web-based platform. Visit the Student: Quick Start Guide to complete a check that ensures your computer meets the requirements.
- Virtual Classroom is a video conferencing tool used to facilitate synchronous virtual meetings.
Please view the Technical Considerations for each.
*Course details are subject to change.