The chemistry of the natural environment; the influence of pollutants upon the environment, including methods of introduction of pollutants to, and removal of pollutants from, the environment. (Also listed as CHEM*3360.)
By the end of the course, the learner should be able to:
- Explain causes and implications of current environmental issues.
- Critically evaluate future environmental concerns they might encounter.
- Learn how the universe really works.
- Chemistry and Toxicology Refresher
- The Atmosphere
- The Hydrosphere
- The Geosphere
- The Anthrosphere
|Outline and CourseLink Quiz||3%|
|Content Quizzes (9 x 3%)||27%|
|Ecological Risk Assessment Project||15%|
|Online Final Exam||20%|
Additional Technical Requirements
This course will use the Respondus tool to invigilate one or more exams. In order to use Respondus LockDown Browser and Monitor, you must meet the following technical requirements:
- Operating Systems: Windows 10, 8, 7; Mac OS X 10.10 or higher.
- Memory: Windows 2 GB RAM; Mac 512 MB RAM.
- For Mac users: Safari must function properly on the computer.
- Mac users must have Adobe Flash Player installed to Safari, even if a different browser is normally used.
- Functioning webcam and microphone. The webcam and microphone can be built into your computer or can be the type that plugs in with a USB cable. (You will be required to do an environment scan of your room, so please ensure you can move your computer, laptop or webcam for this scan.)
- A broadband Internet connection. It is recommended that you access the Internet via a wired connection.
*Course details are subject to change.