The chemistry of the natural environment; the influence of pollutants upon the environment, including methods of introduction of pollutants to, and removal of pollutants from, the environment. (Also listed as CHEM*3360.)
By the end of the course, the learner should be able to:
- Explain causes and implications of current environmental issues.
- Critically evaluate future environmental concerns they might encounter.
- Learn how the universe really works.
- Chemistry and Toxicology Refresher
- The Atmosphere
- The Hydrosphere
- The Geosphere
- The Anthrosphere
|Outline and CourseLink Quiz||3%|
|Content Quizzes (9 x 3%)||27%|
|Ecological Risk Assessment Project||15%|
|Online Final Exam||20%|
Additional Technical Requirement
This course will use the following:
- Respondus tool to invigilate one or more exams.
Please view the Technical Considerations.
*Course details are subject to change.