As operational demands of organizations continue to evolve, it is necessary to understand the process for securing external vendors to provide products, services and desired price points.
Learn about a variety of vendor management philosophies, approaches and resources that will guide you in effectively managing vendor relationships. Using an active learning process, you will engage in case studies, hands-on activities, and workplace scenarios to develop an integrated understanding of how vendors are managed so you can maximize your performance and success within your organization.
The course will focus on ways to identify, understand and comply with relevant legislation and regulations, so you can uphold an ethical approach to achieving your desired results.
While more broadly applicable, the course focuses on a public sector context and utilizes examples from school board and municipal environments. You are invited to apply your knowledge and experience while engaging in the learning.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Articulate how vendor relationships impact an organization
- Incorporate best-in-class vendor criteria in contracts and tender documents
- Adhere to legislation and regulations that impact vendor management
- Utilize the strengths of high performing teams to extract higher value for your customer and organization
- Utilize a vendor contract to provide the framework for managing the relationship more effectively
- Identify the inter-relationship and differences between external and internal vendor and stakeholders
- Explain the importance of effective relationships with vendors and the impact of relationship breakdown
- Utilize key performance indicators and your personal techniques for managing vendor information
- Effectively engage in difficult and productive conversations with vendors
- Demonstrate improvements and gains through enhanced vendor management policies and/or practices
- Uphold an ethical approach to vendor management
- Components of Vendor Management
- Culture, Trust, and Accountability
- Customer Centricity in Procurement – Building the Foundation to Vendor Management
- Vendor Influence
- Evolution of Vendor Management
- Vendor Management Key Drivers
- Vendor Management in the Public Sector Versus the Private Sector
- High Performing Teams
- Informational, Influential, and Strategic Vessels in Vendor Management
- Vendor Performance and Vendor Evaluation
- Developing and Implementing a Vendor Management System
- Future Sourcing and Other Procurement Challenges
Supply Chain Management Association Ontario (SCMAO) Exemptions
Those successfully completing this course will receive a SCMAO exemption for the following SCMP program components:
- Interactive Workshop 4: Competitive Bidding, Contract Preparation and Contract Management
|Group Assignment: Customer Centricity in Procurement||15%|
|Group Assignment: Electronic Document Management System||10%|
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Facilities Management : Required Courses
- Certificate in Supply Chain Management for Public Procurement : Required Courses
*Course details are subject to change.