Learn how to deliver mission-critical work on time and within budget. Explore project life cycle models and how budget, scope and time pressures can be addressed through the various models. By gaining a solid understanding of project management techniques and processes, you will have the confidence to apply them appropriately to ensure project success.
While more broadly applicable, the course focuses on a public sector context and utilizes examples from school board and municipal environments. You are invited to apply your knowledge and experience while engaging in the learning.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the components of project management methodology
- Utilize a variety of project management tools and templates
- Identify and describe engagement and communication strategies to be used in stakeholder management
- Create strategies to identify and mitigate known and unexpected risks
- Design and control the basic components of a project
- Understand the various project life cycle models to support project delivery within the school board context
- Fundamentals of Project Management
- Managing the Process
- Risk Management
- Project Review
- Project Life Cycle
- Project Close
|Group Projects (2)||50%|
Please note that the course assessment is subject to change.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Information and Communication Technology Management : Required Courses
- Certificate in Pupil Transportation Management : Required Courses
- Certificate in Supply Chain Management for Public Procurement : Required Courses
*Course details are subject to change.