This course is intended for those who need to be aware of how to protect data in their organizations. The course is designed to inform, educate, and upskill participants in data security and information sharing to effectively manage risk. The course provides an understanding of the principles and importance of data security and information governance. It examines responsibilities when sharing information, including action to be taken to reduce the risk of breaches and incidents. This data security and risk management training will help participants to be increasingly alert to known and common data security risks, as well as one’s responsibilities when handling information.
On successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Convey the importance and value of data security and risk management.
- Accurately interpret and apply the laws that inform data security and risk management.
- Determine threats to data security and act to avoid them.
- Appraise cyber-security incidents and apply appropriate responses.
- Identifying, reporting, and avoiding breaches and incidents.
The course topics includes:
- Introduction to Data Security Awareness:
- Importance of data security
- Standards for data security
- Different types and value of information
- Confidentiality, integrity and availability of data
- Application of Legislation to Data Security and Risk Management
- Understanding and Avoiding Threats to Data Security:
- Social engineering
- Using social media safely
- Using email safely
- Malicious software
- How to protect information
- Physical security
- Fundamentals of Cybersecurity
- Identifying, Reporting, and Avoiding Breaches and Incidents
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Information and Communication Technology Management : Required Courses
- Certificate in Information Management, Privacy, and Access : Required Courses
*Course details are subject to change.