2000410 - Introduction to the Canadian Feed Industry
The Canadian feed industry processes raw ingredients into food for livestock. The industry is comprised of many segments including ingredient and mixed feed manufacturers, as well as distributors, who all play a key role in the agri-food chain by ensuring the delivery of a nutritious, safe product for livestock to consume.
Explore the evolution of the Canadian feed industry. Learn about the variety of stakeholders influencing the inner workings of the feed industry including livestock producers and consumers, and the role of the Animal Nutrition Association of Canada in representing the industry. Current feed industry trends and challenges will also be highlighted.
- Outline the role of the Canadian feed industry and identify the key stakeholders
- Explain the importance of the Canadian feed industry in the agri-food value chain
- Identify innovations and adaptations that address recent trends and challenges in the feed industry
- Describe the role of the Animal Nutrition Association of Canada and its relationship with the Canadian feed industry
- Evolution of the Canadian Feed Industry
- Overview of the Canadian Feed Industry
- Role of the Feed Industry and its Importance in the Agri-Food Chain
- Challenges, Adaptations and Innovations in the Feed Industry
- Career Opportunities
- Animal Nutrition Association of Canada
- This module is intended for adult learners who are at least 18 years of age.
- There are no prerequisites for this module.
- This is a self-study module; you may access and complete the module content and requirements at any time during the scheduled dates.
- You can expect to spend 4 to 10 hours per module to complete the readings, activities, discussions and assessment.
A minimum grade of 80% on the quiz is required to pass the module.
Upon successful completion of the module, you will receive a “Pass” on your student record.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate
Canadian Feed Industry Education Program
(You must successfully complete Modules 1 through 8, and 10 to earn the program certificate.)
Stay in Touch
Sign up to receive the latest information on the Canadian Feed Industry Education Program (CFIEP).
You are responsible for ensuring that your computer system meets the necessary system requirements. Use the browser check tool to ensure your browser settings are compatible and up to date (results will be displayed in a new browser window).
*Course details are subject to change.