The process by which feed is manufactured in a mill involves a range of specialized processing steps and a coordinated effort by staff.
Investigate the need to manufacture livestock feed and broadly explore the feed manufacturing process from ingredient procurement to formulation to delivery of final product.
- Explain the purpose of manufacturing livestock feed.
- Outline the steps to manufacture feed.
- Identify the different areas of a feed mill and their purpose in the overall process.
- Why do we manufacture feeds?
- Key steps in manufacturing process
Introduction to the Canadian Feed Industry must be successfully completed prior to commencing Overview of the Feed Manufacturing Process.
- This module is intended for adult learners who are at least 18 years of age.
- There are no prerequisites for this module.
- This is a self-study module. You may access and complete the module content and requirements at any time during the scheduled dates.
- You can expect to spend 5 to 10 hours per module to complete the readings, activities, discussions, and assessment.
A minimum grade of 80% on the quiz is required to pass the module.
Upon successful completion of the module, you will receive a “Pass” on your student record.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate
Canadian Feed Industry Education Program (To earn the program certificate you must successfully complete Modules 1 through 8, and 10.)
*Course details are subject to change.