Manufacturing feed in a mill involves a range of specialized processing steps and a coordinated effort by staff.
Investigate the need to manufacture livestock feed and explore the key elements of the feed manufacturing process from ingredient procurement to formulation to the delivery of final product.
- Explain the purpose of manufacturing livestock feed.
- Outline the steps to manufacture feed.
- Identify the different areas of a feed mill, the equipment used, and their purpose in the overall process.
- Why Do We Manufacture Feeds?
- Key Steps in Manufacturing Process
It is highly recommended you first complete Module 1: Introduction to the Canadian Feed Industry.
- This module is intended for adult learners who are at least 18 years of age.
- There are no prerequisites for this module.
- This is a self-study module; you may access and complete the module content and requirements at any time during the scheduled dates.
- You can expect to spend 4 to 10 hours per module to complete the readings, activities, discussions and assessment.
A minimum grade of 80% on the quiz is required to pass the module.
Upon successful completion of the module, you will receive a “Pass” on your student record.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate
(You must successfully complete Modules 1 through 8, and 10 to earn the program certificate.)
Stay in Touch
*Course details are subject to change.