Feed and food safety are critical elements of animal production. The feed industry has a responsibility to ensure the feed they manufacture meets a high standard.
Examine the elements of feed safety programs and best practices which ensure manufactured feed is safe for the livestock consuming it and subsequently for humans consuming animal products (i.e., milk, meat, and eggs). Also learn about the FeedAssure® program, Canada’s gold standard in ensuring the safe production of livestock feed.
This module introduces the Feed Assure® program, the gold standard for feed safety in Canada.
- Define feed safety.
- Summarize the legislation relevant to feed production in Canada.
- Identify potential feed hazards and controls for each stage of the manufacturing process from receiving of ingredients to delivery of the final product.
- Describe how FeedAssure® has been tailored to the needs of the Canadian feed industry and how the processes ensure the highest feed safety standards.
- Introduction to Feed Safety
- Components of Feed Safety
It is highly recommended you complete Module 1: Introduction to the Canadian Feed Industry and Module 2: Overview of the Feed Manufacturing Process prior to Feed Safety.
- This module is intended for adult learners who are at least 18 years of age.
- There are no prerequisites for this module.
- This is a self-study module; you may access and complete the module content and requirements at any time during the scheduled dates.
- You can expect to spend 4 to 10 hours per module to complete the readings, activities, discussions and assessment.
A minimum grade of 80% on the quiz is required to pass the module.
Upon successful completion of the module, you will receive a “Pass” on your student record.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate
(You must successfully complete Modules 1 through 8, and 10 to earn the program certificate.)
Stay in Touch
*Course details are subject to change.