The Canadian feed industry is highly regulated, which is reflected in the processes and day-to-day operations of companies involved in the feed industry. The feed industry is regulated by several federal legislations, although provincial legislations do apply in some circumstances.
Investigate the federal legislation governing the Canadian feed industry. Learn the importance of the regulations and the way they impact and influence different steps in the feed value chain. Become familiar with the key legislation for the industry, and the Feeds Act and Regulations. Other acts and regulations that govern the feed industry are also presented at a high level.
- Define legislation and identify its importance.
- List and summarize the legislation most relevant to the feed industry.
- Outline key areas where legislation regulates processes throughout the feed value chain.
- Summarize how legislation contributes to feed and food safety.
- Why Regulations Are Important
- Legislation Governing the Feed Industry
- Overview of the Feeds Act and Regulations
- Regulatory Requirements for Feed Ingredients and Mixed Feeds
- Government Inspections
- Modernization of the Feeds Regulations
It is highly recommended you complete Module 1: Introduction to the Canadian Feed Industry, Module 2: Overview of the Feed Manufacturing Process, and Module 3: Feed Safety prior to Feed Legislation.
- This module is intended for adult learners who are at least 18 years of age.
- There are no prerequisites for this module.
- This is a self-study module; you may access and complete the module content and requirements at any time during the scheduled dates.
- You can expect to spend 4 to 10 hours per module to complete the readings, activities, discussions and assessment.
A minimum grade of 80% on the quiz is required to pass the module.
Upon successful completion of the module, you will receive a “Pass” on your student record.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate
(You must successfully complete Modules 1 through 8, and 10 to earn the program certificate.)
Stay in Touch
*Course details are subject to change.