The course explores how organizations can embrace equity, diversity, inclusion, and anti-oppression – specifically focusing on anti-racism, to build a skilled, dynamic, and diverse workforce.
On successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Illustrate the meaning, value, and intentionality of Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, Anti-Oppression / Anti-Racism, including the four I’s of Oppression and how they apply to your organization.
- Understand and explain societal and organizational barriers for underrepresented and/or historically marginalized groups and identify opportunities to dismantle barriers within your organization.
- Demonstrate an awareness of power and privilege, including one’s own biases and the impact on individuals, groups, communities, and organizations.
- Describe the advantage of a diverse workforce and contribute to creating an inclusive environment where all individuals feel a sense of belonging.
- Recognize and be prepared to address oppressive situations and/or systems, including (but not limited to) racism, homophobia, transphobia, islamophobia, sexism, patriarchy, ableism, ageism.
- With an Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, Anti-Oppression, and Anti-Racism lens, review and assess policy, procedures, and the general culture within your organization.
- Identify the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, Oppression / Anti-Oppression, and Racism / Anti-Racism within your organization.
- Be an ally and responsibly advocate for and/or implement change where needed in your organization.
- Evaluate progress and planning for continuous improvement.
The course topics include:
- Examining Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, Oppression / Anti-Oppression, and Racism / Anti-Racism
- Demonstrating an awareness of one’s own biases and the impact individually and collectively (e.g., recruitment, processes, retention)
- Identifying and acknowledging oppression, systems of oppression, and impacts
- Strategies for addressing oppression and systemic racism
- Assessing organizational policy, procedures, and general culture
- Developing an action plan
- Outlining training need
- Benchmarking and evaluation
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
*Course details are subject to change.