As an important part of multidisciplinary teams caring for clients, personal support workers must work collaboratively with colleagues to ensure they are serving the best interests of their clients.
Learn strategies to care for yourself, promote team performance, and influence and foster a positive, collaborative working environment.
Earn a digital badge in this course to share your achievement!
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Examine characteristics of high performing teams and analyze your own team’s dynamics
- Determine how you can contribute to team performance as an individual contributor and influencer (informal leader)
- Employ strategies to enhance team performance, build trust, open communication, give and receive feedback, manage conflict and enhance mutual respect
- Select approaches to manage self in a changing environment
- What is a Team?
- High-Performing Teams/The Five Team Dysfunctions
- Giving and Receiving Feedback Effectively
- Managing Team Conflict
- Teamwork from the Inside Out
- This course is intended for those working within the Personal Support Worker field and for adult learners who are at least 18 years of age.
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- You can expect to spend 8 hours per week to complete the course content, readings, activities, and assignments.
|Assessment Item||Weight||Learning Outcomes|
|Stages of Team Development Discussion||10%||1, 2|
|High-Performing Teams Assignment||25%||1, 2|
|Giving and Receiving Feedback Assignment||25%||3|
|Conflict at Work Discussion||15%||2, 3|
|Self-Care Assignment||25%||2, 4|
Please note that the course evaluation is subject to change.
This course is eligible for Ontario grant and loan assistance through the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) for Micro-credentials. Learn more about how to apply for OSAP assistance.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Advanced Interpersonal Skills for PSW Practice : Required Courses
*Course details are subject to change.