Personal support workers need to possess and nurture the ability to understand and share in the feelings of others along with their drive to help.
Develop personal and professional resiliency by recognizing factors that lead to burnout and compassion fatigue. Establish a toolkit of strategies that promote compassion and empathy for self, clients and team members.
Earn a digital badge in this course to share your achievement!
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Use self-reflection and self-awareness practices to recognize internal emotions and their impact on self and others
- Employ strategies to understand and respond appropriately to the perspectives and emotions of clients, families and team members
- Examine factors that contribute to burnout and compassion fatigue and implement tools to build resiliency
- Draw upon practices to maintain compassion and empathy for self, clients, and team members when faced with challenging situations
- Compassion & Empathy
- The Cost of Caring
- Self-Care, Empathy, and Wellness
- More than a Spa Visit – PSW Self-Care
- This course is intended for those working within the Personal Support Worker field and for adult learners who are at least 18 years of age.
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- You can expect to spend 8 hours per week to complete the course content, readings, activities, and assignments.
|Assessment Item||Weight||Learning Outcomes|
|Compassionate Care Reflective Assignment||15%||
1, 2, 4
Put it into Practice Plan - Part 1
|30%||1, 3, 4|
Put it into Practice Plan - Part 2
|30%||1, 2, 3, 4|
Put it into Practice Plan - Part 3
|25%||1, 3, 4|
Please note that the course assessment is subject to change.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Advanced Interpersonal Skills for PSW Practice : Required Courses
*Course details are subject to change.