This course provides students with an opportunity to extend their knowledge of the marketing principles and strategies they learned in MCS*1000 to develop a marketing plan and to explore sales as a career.
By the end of the course, the learner should be able to:
- Identify and evaluate opportunities that align with corporate objectives.
- Analyze consumer, competitor, and company data to assist strategic business decision-making.
- Recommend and justify a strategy along with marketing tactics to deliver a solution to satisfy the needs of a target market.
- Demonstrate proficiency in professional business communication.
- Explain how effective marketing contributes to competitive advantage, value creation, and organizational decision-making.
- Recognize the importance of ethics and sustainability in marketing strategy.
- Review of Key Concepts & Intro to International Marketing
- Marketing Strategy and Planning
- Market Research Essentials
- Customer Relationship Marketing
- Consumer and Business Markets
- Segmentation, Target Market, and Positioning
- Product Strategy and New Product Development
- Brand Management
- Pricing and the Value Offering
Pre-requisite(s): 10.00 credits including MCS*1000
|Assessment Item||Weight||Learning Outcomes|
|Quizzes (5)||20%||1, 2, 3, 5, and 6|
|Video Discussions and Questions (5)||20%||1, 2, 3, 5, and 6|
|Midterm Test||25%||1, 2, 3, 5, and 6|
|Case Study Project (group)||30%||1, 2, 3, and 4|
|Case Study Peer Evaluation||5%||4|
|Total||100%||1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6|
Additional Technical Requirements
This course will use the following:
- Respondus tool to invigilate one or more exams.
Please view the Technical Considerations.
*Course details are subject to change.