Mentoring relationships in the workplace foster personal and professional growth and development.
Learn effective strategies, tools and processes to build a foundation of effective mentoring. Through a variety of learning activities and self-reflection, you will be equipped to engage in supportive mentoring relationships with your colleagues.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the characteristics of mentoring in a variety of contexts
- Identify personal and professional benefits and challenges of being in a mentoring relationship
- Evaluate opportunities for formal and informal mentoring in the workplace
- Build inclusive and effective mentoring relationships
- Engage in supportive conversations to provide guidance and feedback to promote mentee success
- Develop strategies for personal growth and learning that strengthen mentorship skills
- What is Mentorship?
- The “Prepare” Stage of the Mentoring Relationship
- The “Initiate” Stage of the Mentoring Relationship
- The “Cultivate” Stage of the Mentoring Relationship
- The “Evaluate” Stage of the Mentoring Relationship
- This course is intended for those working within the personal support worker field and for adult learners who are at least 18 years of age.
- There are no pre-requisites for this course.
- You can expect to spend 8 hours per week to complete the course content, readings, activities, and assignments.
|Mentorship Preparation Reflection
|Professional Network Assignment
Please note that the course assessment is subject to change.
*Course details are subject to change.