Help injured or ill employees achieve their maximum level of functioning and ability. Learn how to implement the appropriate accommodations to help employees remain at work or facilitate a safe and timely return to work.
You will examine key concepts and models, critical legislation and regulations, and best practices for dealing with complex disability case management. By engaging in an active learning approach with case studies and workplace scenarios, you will be able to strengthen your complex disability case management skills.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain and employ advanced concepts of disability case management.
- Examine external and internal factors that influence disability case management (e.g., legal obligations, internal policies and procedures, organizational culture).
- Assess complex disability case files and the various processes to achieve successful outcomes.
- Apply critical thinking to assess and manage complex disability cases.
- Utilize resources needed to proactively and efficiently manage claims to maximize benefit and outcome (e.g., timely and effective communications with health care professional, including third party assessments).
- Employ effective collaboration with all stakeholders.
- Complex Disability Case Management Legal Obligations
- Internal and External Factors related to Complex Disability Management
- Role of the Physician and Third-Party Assessments
- Innocent Absenteeism or Frustration of Contract
|Pre-Work Assignment: Your Complex Case||10%|
|Group Assignment 1: Complex Case Study and Competing Factors||15%|
|Group Assignment 2: Accommodation and Arbitration Analysis||20%|
|Group Assignment 3: First Steps in Managing a Complex Case||15%|
|Group Assignment 4: Unravelling a Complex Case||20%|
Please note that the course assessment is subject to change.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Disability Management : Required Courses
*Course details are subject to change.