This course examines the essential human resource function of planning, staffing, employee training and development, employee assistance programs, the legal environment and employee maintenance in a variety of organizational settings.
Note: This course may be taken individually or as a part of a certificate program.
By the end of the course, the learner should be able to:
- Understand emerging challenges in managing human resources;
- Understand the contexts in which human resources management takes place, including the legislative framework;
- Analyze staff issues and consider how organizations recruit, train, develop, maintain and phase out employees;
- Understand performance, training, and career developments appraisal and management; and
- Understand the governance of the employer-employee relationship, from internal and external perspectives.
- Strategy, Human Resources and Legal Issues
- Job Analysis and Design
- Human Resource Planning
- Recruitment and Selection
- Orientation and Training
- Performance Management
- Health and Safety
- Global HR Management
- Managing Employee Separations
Prerequisite(s): 1 of BUS*2090, BUS*2220, HROB*2090
Restriction(s): BUS*3000, HROB*2100, HROB*3000, PSYC*3070. This is a Priority Access Course. Some restrictions may apply during some time periods. Please contact the department for more information.
|Assessment Item||Weight||Learning Outcomes|
|Online Quizzes (10% each)||24%||1, 3, 4, 5|
|Discussions||40%||1, 2, 3, 4, 5|
|Online Final Exam||36%||1, 2, 3, 4, 5|
Additional Technical Requirements
This course will use the following:
- Respondus tool to invigilate one or more exams.
- Zoom as a video communication tool. A Webcam, a microphone to record video, and headphones/speakers to play back the recording are also needed.
Please view the Technical Considerations for each.
*Course details are subject to change.