8020002 - Data Mining and Machine Learning
This course will equip you with the knowledge and skills on the use of algorithms and their application in different domains. You will discover how to visualize the results of data analysis and present the results in a way that tells a story and explains concepts using non-technical language. The course will be delivered using a variety of hands-on learning activities that provide participants with practice scenarios in data mining and machine learning.
This course is designed for professionals working with data from various sectors in healthcare, finance, insurance and marketing, data science and data analytics professionals.
If you have previous experience coding in R, you may be eligible for advanced standing in the Data Science Certificate program. For additional information about completing a prior learning assessment, please contact the program manager.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Examine cases of descriptive and predictive problems.
- Apply clustering approaches such as K-means and hierarchical clustering.
- Investigate data classification using statistical methods such as logistic regression, naïve Bayes.
- Demonstrate machine learning with Support Vector Machines, decision trees and random forest.
- Explain the Deep Learning concept and methodologies and apply Neural Network methods to data sets.
- Describe model evaluation methods.
- Discover how to visualize the results of data analysis and present results in non-technical language.
- Program using advanced R language.
Job Market Overview
To be successful in this program, it is recommended that you have an Undergraduate degree or College diploma, a recent statistics course and basic experience or understanding of a programming language.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Data Science Certificate : Required Courses
You are responsible for ensuring that your computer system meets the necessary system requirements. Use the browser check tool to ensure your browser settings are compatible and up to date (results will be displayed in a new browser window).
*Course details are subject to change.