2350102 - Employee Support and Attendance Management
Learn appropriate ways to respond to complex absenteeism issues in the workplace. As concerns such as chronic illness, addiction, mental health and excessive absence become a growing challenge in the workplace, it's important to develop useful employee support and attendance management policies that protect employee privacy and uphold human rights.
Become familiar with the legal principles that are central to effective employee support and attendance management programs, policies and best practices so you can foster a healthy workplace culture.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Communicate fundamental legal principles related to employee support and attendance management and evaluate your organization’s practices against legal requirements
- Strategically develop a successful employee support and attendance management plan that reflects your organization’s needs
- Identify best practices for employee support programs and services, including upholding a workplace culture that promotes wellness
- Respond appropriately to absentee issues—including excessive absenteeism, chronic illness, an aging workforce, addiction, mental health, employees with no reasonable prospect of returning to work, and the duty to accommodate complex disabilities
- Communicate with employees and health care practitioners about medical information, while protecting employee privacy
- Collect, examine, interpret and summarize absenteeism data to inform practices and/or present a business case for employee support and attendance management
- Effectively prepare for an employee support and attendance management audit
- Employee Support and Attendance Management Plan Development
- Legal Principles of Employee Support and Attendance Management
- Employee Support and Attendance Management Practices and Best Practices
- Culpable and Non-Culpable Absences
- Employee Communication
- Complex Issue Response
- Duty to Accommodate
- Absenteeism Data Analysis
- Attendance Management Audits
|How Does Absenteeism Affect Your Workplace?||10%|
|Attendance Management Procedure Review||15%|
|Attendance at Work Case Study||20%|
|Putting the Pieces Together||25%|
Please note that the course assessment is subject to change.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
You are responsible for ensuring that your computer system meets the necessary system requirements. Use the browser check tool to ensure your browser settings are compatible and up to date (results will be displayed in a new browser window).
*Course details are subject to change.