Human resources professionals need to be able to prepare, analyze and interpret financial reports. Gain a basic understanding of financial and management accounting and how they relate to each other and the organization. Study the major financial statements produced by a business and acquire the ability to execute detailed calculations with regards to these reports as well as other accounting-related information.
Well-suited participants of this course include those working towards the Diploma in Human Resources Management or CHRP professional designation, and people working in or who wish to work in human resources management.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Review the purpose of financial and management accounting
- Interpret and analyze income statements, balance sheets, and retained earnings statements
- Calculate and interpret financial ratios
- Examine cost behaviour and its implications for financial systems
- Calculate and interpret contribution margin analysis and break-even analysis
- Identify risk through sensitivity analysis
- Explain the allocation of costs, including service department costs
- Describe activity based costing
- Prepare an operating budget
- Purpose and Objective of Accounting
- Financial Reports
- Financial Analysis Using Ratios
- Cost-Volume-Profit Analysis
- Cost Systems
- Budget Preparation and Control
Please note that the course assessment is subject to change.
Note:This course is offered in the Winter Semester.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Diploma in Human Resources Management : Required Courses
*Course details are subject to change.