Gain a solid foundation in contract administration—including the basics of contract law, procurement requirements, and the administration of contracts. Using case studies and negotiation activities, you will explore dispute resolution processes and identify the interests of other parties in order to reach effective outcomes. Aspects of student transportation, such as human rights and privacy, will be also be explored.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the key concepts related to contract law, including the common law
- Interpret the central provisions of contracts and implement strategies to ensure contract compliance
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of procurement requirements, policies, purchasing policies, and other requirements associated with the procurement process
- Engage in various methods of dispute resolution
- Legislative Overview and Basics of Contract Law
- Procurement/Contract Administration
- Dispute Resolution and Negotiation
- Current Topics in Student Transportation and Contract Management
Job Market Overview
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Pupil Transportation Management : Required Courses
*Course details are subject to change.