Enhance your skills and knowledge in the field of pupil transportation. Whether you are a school board transportation specialist or independent operator, this program will help you contribute to the overall success of your transportation department.
About the Certificate
The Certificate in Pupil Transportation Management consists of four required classroom-based courses, with one course being offered every July. The duration of each course is five days: four days of instruction (30 hours) and one day for the final exam.
The curriculum reflects the latest information, issues and challenges facing pupil transportation at Ontario school boards.
Upon successful completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Understand the theory and practice of pupil transportation management
- Enhance your personal abilities to communicate, engage and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders with respect to proposals, plans, reports, challenges and anticipated impacts
- Apply best practices of community relations and customer service
- Gain a solid understanding of tactics, strategies and behavioural rules used in the negotiation process, as well as how to administer collective agreements and handle related conflict and disagreement
- Bring about improvements to pupil transportation management system development and implementation within Ontario school boards
You must receive a passing grade of 50% or more to successfully complete this certificate program. After successful program completion, please submit a Continuing Education Certificate/Diploma Request Form.
- Pupil transportation management career within a school board or related sector or field