Enhance your skills and knowledge in the field of pupil transportation. Whether you are a school board transportation specialist or independent operator, this program will help you contribute to the overall success of your transportation department.
About the Certificate
The Certificate in Pupil Transportation Management consists of four required classroom-based courses, with one course being offered every July. The duration of each course is five days: four days of instruction and one day for the final exam.
The curriculum reflects current evidence-based practices and relevant information, issues and challenges facing pupil transportation professionals.
While more broadly applicable, courses focus on a public sector context and utilize examples from school board and municipal environments. You are invited to apply your knowledge and experience while engaging in the learning.
Upon successful completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Describe the key theoretical concepts related to pupil transportation management and apply these concepts and practices to pupil transportation operations
- Explain the key concepts of procurement management, demonstrating skills to prepare for and successfully conduct sound procurement and contract management
- Analyze organization service excellence and community relations practices, equipped to make strategic recommendations that utilize best practices and are appropriate for the organizational culture and mandate
- Demonstrate sound business communication skills and abilities when working with internal and external stakeholders
- Distinguish and apply key elements of leadership, management, coaching, and mentoring theories, approaches, and skills to the pupil transportation workplace and environment
You must receive a passing grade of 50% or more for each of the four courses to earn this certificate. After successful program completion, please submit a Continuing Education Certificate/Diploma Request Form.
- Pupil transportation management career within a school board or related sector or field