Develop and enhance your skills and knowledge in the field of pupil transportation management. Whether you are a school board transportation specialist or independent operator, this program will help you contribute to the overall success of your transportation department.
The curriculum reflects current evidence-based practices and relevant information, issues, and challenges facing pupil transportation professionals. While more broadly applicable, courses focus on a public sector context and utilize examples from school board and municipal environments.
With a total of four courses to complete, this certificate program allows you to apply your knowledge and experience while engaging in the learning.
Upon successful completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Describe the key theoretical concepts related to pupil transportation management and apply these concepts and practices to pupil transportation operations
- Explain the key concepts of procurement management, demonstrating skills to prepare for and successfully conduct sound procurement and contract management
- Analyze organization service excellence and community relations practices, equipped to make strategic recommendations that utilize best practices and are appropriate for the organizational culture and mandate
- Demonstrate sound business communication skills and abilities when working with internal and external stakeholders
- Distinguish and apply key elements of leadership, management, coaching, and mentoring theories, approaches and skills to the pupil transportation workplace and environment
- Pupil Transportation Management within a school board or related sector or field
- Transportation Planner
The program requires the completion of the two required courses and a minimum of two elective courses. You must earn a minimum grade of 50% for each course.
blended, including face-to-face and/or online (synchronous and/or asynchronous)
Enrolment is on a course-by-course basis and there is no application required. This program is intended for adult learners who are at least 18 years of age. Course availability changes each semester. It is recommended you submit notification requests for each course in the program to be informed when registration opens. Course registration closes before the start of the semester.
Complete the two required courses and a minimum of two elective courses.
A minimum of two courses are offered each year. The certificate can be completed in approximately two years.
The price per course is currently $955. Course prices are subject to change and are not guaranteed. The total cost of the program may vary depending on available discounts* and the length of time to completion.
*There are early bird and alumni tuition discounts available for this program.
If you would like additional information about this program, please contact our main office.