Access and privacy legislation has significantly affected the field of Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
Improve your decision-making skills and implement privacy and access strategies within your school board or other work environment. Experiment with data and information management tools that facilitate end-user compliance. Engage in a variety of learning methods, including lecture and discussions, case studies, and case specific simulations.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe applicable access and privacy legislation
- Design and control the basic components of a privacy information management system
- Develop protection practices and policies and formalize operational controls on information
- Identify and control risks associated with new systems designs, business process re-engineering, privacy impact assessments and privacy breaches
- Foundations of Privacy and Information Management
- Information Protection and Operational Control
- Data and Information Management
- Risk Management
Job Market Overview
Please note that the course assessment is subject to change.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Information and Communication Technology Management : Required Courses
*Course details are subject to change.