Explore the components of effective information management, privacy, and access program(s) and learn how to establish an effective data governance model, and develop and implement a privacy management program. Gain an understanding of the privacy operational lifecycle that supports best practices for information management and access to information.
Topics in privacy for the digital age will be broadly explored, including how data protection laws are being interpreted to support digital innovation.
While more broadly applicable, the course utilizes examples from the school board environment. You are invited to apply your knowledge and experience while engaging in the learning.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Develop a data governance and privacy strategy that incorporates regulatory and organizational requirements
- Define privacy metrics for information management, as well as assess the maturity level of a privacy and access program
- Operationalize privacy best practice with documentation, third-party oversight and security controls
- Take the necessary steps to manage privacy incidents in accordance with data protection laws and best practice
- Privacy Legislation Overview
- Privacy Regulator Resources (guidelines, investigations, orders)
- Establishing a Data Governance Model
- Developing a Privacy and Access Program
- Defining and Analyzing Appropriate Privacy Metrics
- The Privacy Operational Lifecycle
- Incident Response Planning and Managing Privacy Breaches
Assignments – individual and group
Please note that the course assessment is subject to change.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Information Management, Privacy, and Access : Required Courses
*Course details are subject to change.